Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Text Analysis Essay


Authors Note: I am writing this analysis essay to write an essay to show how I make connections to the book “Woods Runner.”

In the book “Woods Runner” by Gary Paulsen a boy named Samuel age 13 has to find his parents all alone. Have you ever read a book and think to yourself that you have been in a situation like what you are reading.

In the book “Woods Runner” I can make a lot of connections. The first and main connection I can make is when I was a little boy I went to the mall with my mom. When my mom went into American Eagle I wondered around the mall. I got lost and scared. I eventually had to try to find my mom. My mom had to find me also and she succeeded. Then after that I knew that I should stay by my mom at the mall.

Another connection I make to the book is a movie. The movie I can relate it to is the Patriot. In the Patriot the father of six kids is forced to go out into the War because his son Samuel goes out into the war. He has to try to find Samuel and bring him back home to safety. That reminds me of the book because someone is forced to go try to find a family member alone.

The final connection that I have noticed is something that happened to my friend and I. It was Halloween night and we were loaded with candy. We were nine years old and we decided that we would race around the neighborhood on our bikes. It was getting dark outside. When we thought we were almost back home we accidentally took a wrong turn and we didn’t know where to go. So we were frightened and didn’t have phones to call home. So we had to ring the nearest houses doorbell and ask to use the phone and my parents had to pick us up. It was one of the scariest moments in my lifetime not just because it was Halloween but also because we were stuck in the dark trying to problem solve.

Can you make connections to basically everything you see, hear, or read? If so think about the connections and think what kind of situation you were in. Perhaps even try to think if the person you are connecting to feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment