Friday, May 11, 2012

Big Disappointment


            Dear Middle School Staff,
             I recently got the email informing us that we are not going to Six Flags. In my opinion I believe you cannot get us riled up in the beginning school year saying how we need to get good grades so we can participate in the end of the year field trip. Have you teachers as kids ever wanted something that you wanted very bad and didn’t get it? Well the 8th grade class feels like that right now.
             Our school has been going to six flag for 14 years, so you cannot just take it away from our grade year. I realize some families can’t afford it but talking from a PTO Veteran’s kid, I understand PTO pays for it for you.
            Getting that email was a stab in the heart because it always seemed like a blast going to six flags, having a great time with your class, getting rewarded for your hard work throughout grade school. Honestly every year you get to do something fun like in seventh grade we went to a movie, and in sixth grade we went to Chicago, but this year we get a hypnotist?
             Yes, some children might find that fun, but a lot of my friends and I find that very unsafe. I thought that is what our school is all about, safety. I’m pretty sure no parent in our school, would allow their child to be hypnotized, knowing that their child might say things in front of the whole 8th grade they might regret. Now I’m not saying Six Flags is the safest place, but it is so much more fun, because everyone gets to have fun, not just a couple kids. Please take this letter into consideration. 
            Next time you make a decision that kids might get upset by, remember this letter and try not to get another. I bet you didn’t like it when you wanted something very badly and you didn’t get it. That’s how we feel.

Thanks,

Somebody Who Cares

No comments:

Post a Comment